How does underfloor heating work?
Hot water pipes are laid into screed (a type of concrete) which acts as a heat sink, storing heat from the hot water and releasing it consistently throughout the day/night as required.
The slideshow above shows an example underfloor heating installation.
What are the benefits of underfloor heating?
- Underfloor heating is an unobtrusive way to heat your home.
- It can be integrated into a wood based heating system or a gas/oil based heating system or connected up to an Air Source Heat Pump.
- Room temperatures remain consistent and the whole floor area is heated.
- Each room can be set to its own temperature.
- You have the flexibility to place your furniture wherever you want within your rooms as there are no radiators.
- There is less dust in the atmosphere which helps the wellbeing of you and your family.
Are there any maintenance costs?
There are no moving parts which need to be replaced so once installed there are very low maintenance costs.
If you would like to install underfloor heating into your property please contact us on 07968 123636 or send us an email.